The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
I see quite a few of bloggers that I follow participating in this meme and since I want to become as active as I can and make my way in the book blogging world, I though this was a good thing to do and participate in for my blog.
Last Week In Life
It’s my long week at work so I’ve only had two days off since Monday, so I don’t get much of anything done and don’t see much of anyone. Oh, I should add that I work night shift (7p to 7a) and that really throws my days (and weeks) for a loop. The weather has been crazy here. I go to work and it’s burning hot and when I get off I’m freezing to death. South Georgia weather is terrible particularly this time of year. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the heat, but I don’t like freezing either.
Last Week On The Blog
- Even though it was my long work week, surprisingly enough though I have managed to not only post a time or two, but also make a few updates around here as well.
- I got approved and sent a partner for the Books ‘N’ Bloggers Swap. (My swapping partner is Tanya and I’m pretty excited to not only see what she has in store for me but get my package sent out to her.) In posting about this exciting event, I was reminded that I never post about #NinjaBookSwap and the lovely gifts and books Sarah sent me in February.
- I also finally made my first Discussion Time post for the #LetsDiscuss2016 blog challenge — Real vs. Fictional Significant Other. I hope to do better in the coming weeks.
Last Week In Reading Challenges
I have not posted my review for On the Bank of Plum Creek for #LittleHouseRAL yet. Nor have I post my review for Anne of Windy Poplars/Willows for #AYearInAvonlea. I am one book ahead (so far) in this challenge, while in the #LittleHouseRAL I am several books ahead, just not in the right direction. I am sure that doesn’t make any sense LOL.
I also decided to participate in another reading challenge for 2016 — the Read New England reading challenge hosted by Lori @ The Emerald City Book Review. I am rather excited about this one even though I am a few months behind. I have always wanted to go to Maine (one of the 6 states included in the challenge) and I could never explain why. Just always wanted to go. When I got the chance this past September I knew why…it’s beautiful and every and MORE than I thought it would be. I hope to go back again and spend much more time than just one day. Also, after discovering this challenge I immediately got on my Kindle and started searching for books with Maine as it’s back drop and download all the free ones and added a handful of others to my Wishlist. Needless to say I am finding it hard to narrow down exactly what book I’ll read for the Maine category. 🙂
Last Week In Books
Hopes For This Week
- At least 2 Discussion Time!!! posts.
- Review for #LittleHouseRAL posted.
So what do you think? Did I do a good job at my first Sunday Post? Do you think I’ve set myself up to fail with the books? 😉